Friday, June 10, 2011

$50 a week and hamming it up!

Life has been hectic for me for the last 2 weeks and I forgot to share my food finds with you last week. Sorry for that! Soccer started for my girls and this means I'm usually at soccer practice 4 days a week and at games each weekend. Its just crazy!

Marks NW Fresh Produce

$1.99 Cantaloupe
$4.99 Garlic Stems (something new to try!)
3/$1 Red Bell Peppers
.99 cents per lb Fuji Apples
.99 cents per lb Pears
.50 cents per lb Red Onion
.79 cents per lb Carrot
.99 cents per lb Tomatoes
Total=$15.00

Winco

$4.48 2lb block of Cheddar Cheese
$1.52 White Rice (.45 cents per lb)
 $10.08 Cooks Ham (paid less than $1 per lb for 11 lbs of ham. Was marked down)
$2.91 Whole Wheat Macaroni Noodles (.98 cents per lb)
Total=$18.93

Whole Foods
$1.99 Organic Crushed Tomato with Basil
$1.49 Sunshine Dairy Half n Half
Total=3.48

GRAND TOTAL=$37.41
Which means I still have $12.59 left!

I wasn't planning on buying that much ham but once again I couldn't turn down a good deal.  Cook's sliced ham sells for over $3 per pound when bought by the slice.  I saw this large piece marked down from $15 to $10 which saved me a ton of money in the long run.  I will package it into smaller sizes and use this for many meals in the next couple of months.  I love ham but it's way too expensive and this is a special treat for us. 

My chard is ready to be eaten so we will be harvesting this all week long. I'm so excited! Just look how beautiful it is. 

I see lots and lots of salads in my near future as well.  Bok Choy will need to be used this week as well! Love love love having my own garden!

So what about you?  Is your garden giving you lots to eat yet?  Share!

No comments: