Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Everything soup

This is a quick and easy soup that my kids love.  I take any vegetables that need to be used up and wash them good. This soup has kale, chard, celery, bok choy, carrots, potatoes, onions and black eye pea's (homemade but not pictured). I chop them all up and put them in the pot to saute until half way cooked.  I then add water till covering the vegetables and add salt. Cook on medium high and your soup has a rolling boil. 
I scored some deli patties for only $3.49 a pound from New Seasons.  These patties have onions, chili powder and lots of spices. I simply pull them apart into chunks and drop them into my boiling soup.  This adds a ton of flavor into the soup. I love it because I don't have to add any spices. This soup I used only a half a pound of the patties.

Let this soup boil for 15 minutes and you have everything soup! Pretty easy huh? This will feed my family of six for dinner tonight and enough for lunches tomorrow.  All in all I think this cost me around $4.00 to make.  My daughter is sick so this should help her feel better.  It has lots of vitamins for her. Enjoy!

No comments: