Monday, April 30, 2012

April Food Budget $337.14 and salt

I could of made it a few more days but I wanted to take advantage of a kid free day and get some shopping done. So its just going to have to be in my April Food Budget.

New-Dark Chocolate Peanut Spread. I bought this to try out and try to make my own version of it. I will use sunflower seeds instead but will be similar. 

Woot-Found bagels marked down to only one dollar. Woot! All but one will go in the freezer for later use. My kids love bagels for breakfast and I love that its made locally. No I have yet to learn how to make bagels...one day one day.

Lunch meat-For some reason my husband thinks if we don't have lunch meat in the fridge, then we have no food at all.  He likes this kind of lunch meat and he has taken so much from my green ways that I let him have his favorite.  Gotta give him credit for that.

Salt-Whole Foods didn't have any salt in bulk this time. AARRRGG!! This container I bought was the biggest pain my ass. Tiny tiny tiny (did I say tiny?) tiny hole they give you to pour it out, well it sucks. There is no "pour" going on here.  More like shake the hell out of it. DON'T BUY THIS CONTAINER! And Whole Foods get the salt back in bulk. Ugh!

Total shopping trip-$32.86
Total April Food Budget-$337.14

No comments: