Saturday, June 29, 2013

Frogs and Hankies Make Me Happy

These are vintage frogs. You put these in a vase and add water. Simply cut your favorite fresh flower and stick it into the vase and I to this frog. It keeps your flowers from falling to the sides. I scored these for only one dollar. I can't wait to cut some fresh flowers now. I'm thinking instead of a vase I will use a colored mason jar. 
We also found these little pretties at the se garage sale. I also paid one dollar for all four of them. I will use these as they were meant to be used. I might even tuck one in my shirt cuff. One is hand embroidered and oh so cute. Love! 


I'm really bad about putting photos into frames. Well actually I'm bad about buying frames at all. I blame my cheap streak lol. These beautiful frames were only one dollar each. I think they will stay as is and I won't paint them. Now to find the perfect photo to go in them. 

Not pictured is 2 pairs of vintage gloves that my 12 year old daughter bought. My 8 year old twins have a vintage tea set with vintage linens and these gloves are a surprise for the twins from her. Oh boy were the girls excited to get them. 

Garage sales are a great way to find loved and hard to find items. It's another form of recycling and a great way to save money. Lets face it. They just don't make things like they used to. It also helps me to keep plastic cheap junk out of my home. 


No comments: