Thursday, June 26, 2014

DIY Banana Cream Cake or Muffins



Here is my Good Housekeeping Cookbook.  Well to be honest its my mama's and I don't believe she gave it to me but more of me borrowing it and never giving it back. Sorry mama! Its a 1963 book so the pictures are very outdated but so far each recipe Ive used is super yummy.  I apologize for no actual photo of our banana muffins.  You see they were so good that they didn't last long enough to take a picture.  Enjoy!

Banana Cream Cake

2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil, butter or shortening (I used olive oil)
2 medium eggs
4-5 ripe bananas (5 small or 4 medium)
1 tsp vanilla (I didn't have any so I used vanilla agave syrup)
1/4 cup of flax seed or nut of choice

Oven preheated at 375 degrees

In medium bowl mix all wet ingredients with the sugar.  In a separate bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix.  Grease your pan with oil and then sprinkle with flour or in my case put in cupcake papers.  Mix the wet with the dry ingredients.  Fill pan with batter or fill your cupcake papers  up to the top.  Bake for 25 minutes or until you poke with a fork and it comes out clean.  Enjoy! 

Note:Ive used a few different flours such as barley and this still turned out yummy.  So use what you have and get creative.  

No comments: